After reaching my one year milestone on this blog a couple of weeks ago, I stupidly promised myself to join at least 2 twitter chats a week.
Let’s just all laugh together 😂
My advances to become a somewhat ‘better blogger’ wasn’t actually unachievable, but I’ve come to the realisation that I actually hate twitter chats (well, most of them anyway).
When I first started blogging Twitter chats were the bomb.com!
I would e-meet other bloggers, interact and find new blogs, as well as discover blogging events which definitely helped me network and ultimately turn my blog into what it is today, BUT, after being back on the twitter chats for just over a week, I’ve realised that my goal to join 2 twitter chats a week may have been a bit of a reach.
Let me tell you why…
- No shade, but there’s only so many times a year, never mind a week, where I can discuss my favourite disney movie. I get it, we all love disney and it’s a great past-time to re-live our awesome 90’s childhood, but I’m a grown ass 20 something year old woman who’s got shit going on. Let’s get real.
- The choice of topics is an issue. Blogging is so diverse – from the people to the subjects. I mean people blog about any and everything, so why do we always end up discussing the same topics and throwing around the same answers and buzz words? It’s like we know what others want to hear, what makes us sound good and what sounds a the right level of controversial. Let’s get real.
- I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t been an active part of the twitter chat community for ages, but is it me or is everyone besties? Everyone has something witty to say, a sure-fire comeback. I can’t lie, it makes the chats fun and very interactive, but it just makes me wonder is it all real? Are you really as animated as that sassy GIF you just tweeted or are you sitting in bed with a straight face, going back and forth, just like me? Plus, we have the whole follow/unfollow debacle which just grinds my gears. Let’s get real.
- Everything moves so bloody quickly. I know, I know. I feel as though my inner-granny is taking over. Even as I type this I’m imagining an older version of myself walking across the TL with my zimmerframe, but I would love if Twitter slowed down, even by a milli-second. Like, I’m sure I’m the only person who answers a question forgetting to use the chat hashtag? 😪
- I never have enough time to dedicate a whole blessed hour to a twitter chat.
Don’t get me wrong guys, I do enjoy a few chats and I get that Twitter chats take a lot to run and host every week, but for me a lot of it is cliche, so… I’m revoking my earlier promise and will only be joining chats when I’m genuinely interested in, and not just because I said I would 😝.
We’re probably all as guilty as each other when it comes to these points (or nah), but maybe it’s time for a change?!
What chats do you enjoy joining and why, do you have any pet peeves when it comes to Twitter chats?