This month I have been a bit more spendy than usual, but sometimes in life it’s necessary (although, not that necessary) to have those ‘f*ck it’ slash ‘yolo’ moments.
But like so many people my age, setting long term goals along with trying to get life in order and simply turning my hand at adulating, certain things more-rightly take precedent over buying the latest pair of heels, cult beauty buys and even the occasional date night – no matter how ‘cheap’ it is.
And while I use my blog as an outlet to share places I love visit in and around London, eateries, clubs and pubs I’ve discovered as well the occasional new makeup find, the reality is, I just can’t spend a frivolously as I used to, especially if I’d like to own my house in the near future.
However, every now and then a little treat can’t hurt, and here’s how I like to give myself a lil’ pick me up…
- Call me a Starbucks w*nker but I love me some coffee on the go. Chai Latte, Vanilla Latte, Flat White… don’t get me started – anything but Cafe Nero 😷 and I’m good. I don’t know what it is about a hot coffee in a paper cup to go, but it makes me feel sassy. And if it can pick me up at only £3 a pop – why the hell not. £3 here and there can add up though, so drink aware lol!
- Candles are a beautiful thing, and I haven’t bought one in ages, but I am a sucker for a lovely smelling Yankee Candle. Plus, Now that it’s winter and I’ve been reading loads of favourite posts which include a homely scented candles, I’ve reverted back to my faves; Baby Powder and Snowflake Cookie. The Yankee Candle Jars are quite pricey at £18 but they do last forever. Think of it as a short term investment 😉
- Curled up with a chunky magazine in one hand and a warm cup of tea in the other is how I would love to spend any evening of the week, especially, now that it’s getting colder. I have to admit, I’m not one to often buy a magazine, but I do have my faves like Porter and Glamour. They are great inexpensive treats that I often only buy when there’s a freebie, meaning I get two treats for the price of one!
- Treating myself at times can be as simple as buying a chocolate🍫😋. Although, it’s very counter productive when I’m trying to lose weight. Nonetheless, I’m sure I’m not the only one who switches up there favourite chocolate snack. At the moment I’m feeling Lindt. What tickles your fancy?
- Getting nails done really should be considered as standard self-care 😂. I often go for shellac (£20) which lasts me about a month. It’s affordable and gives me that feel good factor without breaking the bank. Am I the only one who feels like they have their sh*t together when they come out of the salon 💅
Treating yourself doesn’t always have to break the bank, it could be as simple as buying a bouquet of flowers, or a new app, if that’s up your street.
How do you treat yourself?