Hi again lovelies,
Can you believe we’ve started the second half of the year already? FFS… and still no sun – drop me out and take me on holiday already! 😖 😫
It’s already been over 2 weeks since I landed back in the UK after my lovely little getaway to Thailand and to celebrate / mourn a wonderful time away in the sun, I thought I’d do a ‘fun’ post about what 10 things I experienced as a tourist and world traveller.
- STARING – This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Just so rude, yet so inevitable, especially when you travel anywhere outside of London. Whenever I travel abroad I get look, whether it be because of my black skin or my ‘unusual’ hair, I’ll get the polite stare – the one where they smile and stop one I’ve acknowledged it, or the more annoyingly – yes, I am staring at you because you are hella different and I don’t know how to take you -stare. Either way it grinds my gears.
- PAPARAZZI– Yes, I’ve been stalked my paparazzi… and by paparazzi I mean Chinese tourists following me to get the perfect shot. To be fair this has only happened to me in Thailand, but, it was very weird, to say the least. I’m almost positive you’ll see a meme of me on Instagram soon with a couple of Chinese people.
- BONJOUR – Is it me, or can a black person on holiday not be British?! No one ever thinks my boyfriend and I are British. We, do however, get spoken to in French or more understandably – American accents. Very bizarre.
- THE DREADED CHAT UP– I’ve travelled alone before, which has just given men the reason to try and woo me. How lucky am I 😒? Yeah I know I have nice lips thanks, anything else?
What has been the worst chat up line you’ve received on holiday?
- OVER PACKING – Ughh can us ladies ever get it right? For some reason, every time I go away, I have the most bags and the biggest suitcase, yet never wear more than half of what I pack. Nothing seems too short when you’re modelling it in front of the mirror #firstworldproblems
- MAKEUP – After deciding what the best CC, BB or DD cream to pack you’ll need another holiday. As much as I hate to admit it, is there any point of makeup on holiday?
- ‘TAXI?’ – If you’ve been to Thailand then you must’ve experienced getting this question on every corner. When I travel, I love to explore and just submerge myself in the whole experience. I know this isn’t how everyone likes to do things, but I’ve got two legs for a reason – ditch the taxi, let’s walk!
- The Sh@!*– Never have I ever caught the shits like when I went to Thailand. If you’re going abroad this summer, make sure you take a pack of Imodium and paracetamol, you won’t regret it.
- ‘YOUR SKIN IS SO BEAUTIFUL!’ – It may sound big headed but I get this a LOT – kinda like my hair. Followed by a soft stroke of my skin. It’s quite flattering to be honest.
- THE OTHER COUPLE – I havent quite decided if I like making couple friends abroad or not, it’s quite a commitment, to make, what happens if you want to break free? Too much hassle, I’ll just stick to the boyf.
This post brought back way too many memories lol. There’s so many more experiences that I haven’t even touched on, but you get the idea. Have you experienced any of these, or any others, I would love to know your travel experiences, so let me know!