Hi beautiful people!
Spring is in the air and I’m loving it – I’m sure I’m not the only one either! The sun has finally come out of hiding – I really hope I haven’t jinxed the weather, the days are becoming longer, flowers are in bloom and I seriously feel like I can live a life after work, because there’s still daylight until about 7:30pm lol … the simple things ey!
So in celebration of this absolutely lush season, I thought I would share 10 things you can do to make the most of the season.
- Spring clean – This may be a bit cliche, but a good ole spring clean can clear you space and therefore clear your mind. It doesn’t just have to be limited to your living space either, it could be your wardrobe or even people around you.
- Pick up a new book – I haven’t read a juicy page turner in ages, but when the seasons change I love picking up a new book, to sit in the park or my garden with. It’s also nice to escape from the real world every once in a while too! One of my favourite authors is Chimamanda Adiche – Have you heard of her?
- Plan a day trip – The sun’s out so do something/ go somewhere you’ve always wanted to go. I really want to take a trip down to Brighton, can you believe I’ve never been – sacrilege!
- Switch up your style – This season is all about new beginnings, so it’s the most ideal time to switch up your style and introduce pieces into your closet that you wouldn’t normally – be adventurous!
- Spend a day with people you care about – Put your phones down and step away from wifi. Give the people you love your undivided attention – you won’t regret it!
- Do something nice for a stranger – Sometimes it’s nice, just to be nice… so why don’t you pay for the persons Starbucks in the line next to you, or simply give a compliment to a stranger.
- Organise brunch with your close friends – It’s so easy to lose contact with friends, especially once you start working or situations change, so spring is a great time to plan a much needed catch up over brunch…remember once friends, always friends and when there’s food involved there’s really nothing to be afraid of
- Picnic – Organise a picnic, choose a good park with a decent public toilet nearby and spend the whole day there, maybe get lost in a book (see no.2) My all time favourite parks are Battersea and Wimbledon, what are yours?
- Treat yourself or a friend to a present...just because – everyone like a lil surprise so if you see something your bestie will appreciate, pick it up for them, it doesn’t need to be expensive either.
- Make it a season to remember! – No matter what you do, fill the spring season with memories to last forever! I would love to do a blogging challenge of blogging everyday of the season, what do you think?
Will you be doing any of these things across the season? Do you have any suggestions for me? Hope this gave you some inspo x